- 1/2 c. icing sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1/2 t. peppermint extract
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- thin icing
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In large mixer bowl, cream together sugar, butter, shortening and extract.
3. Mix together flour and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients gradually to creamed mixture; blend well.
5. Shape dough into 1" balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes til edges are very light golden. Cool cookies on wire racks.
7. When cookies are cooled, dip tops in icing, then coconut.