Chicken - white chili
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 t. minced garlic, can substitute 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 T. bacon drippings
- 2 cans (4 cups) chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 1/2 oz) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of Rotel (tomatoes with green chilies)
- 4 T. fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/4 t. ground cumin
- 2 c. cubed cooked chicken
- 4 pieces of crumbled bacon
In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in drippings, until tender. Stir in broth, beans, Rotel, cilantro and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until heated through.
Top with bacon
Optional: Can sprinkle Pico-de-Gallo and pepper jack cheese on top of soup for added flavor and color.