Slow-Cooked Beef and Wine Ragu
You can add mushrooms or sweet peppers to this recipe.
- 3 Tbsp. oil, divided
- 1 lb. pearl onions, peeled, halved
- 2 lb. boneless beef chuck eye roast, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can (6 oz.)tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.)PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 tsp. each Salt and pepper
- 6 cups hot cooked rotini pasta
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 315mins
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in slow cooker on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir occasionally or until golden brown. Add remaining oil & meat, in batches; cook until evenly browned, stirring frequently. Add tomato paste and garlic to pan. Add stock and wine; stir. Simmer on medium-low heat 5 hours, stirring occasionally.