This roll recipe was Grandma Dolleen Fry's favorite.
- 3 pkgs. active dry yeast
- 1 t. sugar
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 beaten eggs
- 9 c. sifted flour
- 1 stick margarine
- 2 c. scalded milk
- 4 t. salt
- 3/4 c. sugar
1. Scald milk and add margarine, 3/4 c., sugar and 1 t. salt. Let cool.
2. Measure flour in large bowl and dig hole in the middle.
3. Put yeast to rising in measuring cup; let raise 1 1/2". (Be sure and add the 1 tsp. sugar to the yeast.
4. Beat eggs.
5. Add milk mixture, eggs and yeast to flour.
6. Knead dough and let raise 1 1/2 hours in covered bowl place in a warm place. (If dough is exceptionally sick, pour out and knead in more flour until able to handle easily.)
7. After rising, knead out air and cut dough in half.
8. Roll dough out thinly and spread dough with butter, cinnamon and sugar.
9. Roll up dough starting on the longest side. Cut into 2" rolls and place in greased pans and allow to raise 30 minutes.
10. While rolls are hot, glaze with powdered sugar glaze; powdered sugar and milk mixed until creamy and smooth.
11. Drizzle over hot rolls and let cool.