Better-than-ever Cheesy Meat Lasagna
By Side Passion
- 3/4 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 container (16 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN 2% Milkfat Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
HEAT oven to 375°F.
BROWN meat with garlic and oregano in large saucepan. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes. Mix egg, cottage cheese and Parmesan until well blended.
SPREAD 1/2 cup meat sauce onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with layers of 3 noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce; cover.
BAKE 30 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 5 min. or until melted. Let stand 5 min. before serving.
Substitute 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese.