Creamed Spinach a la Boston Market
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup fat free half and half cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 20 oz frozen spinach (thawed)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1) In a medium saute pan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, pepper, salt, and nutmeg. Slowly wisk in cream, stir in cream cheese.
2) Increase heat to medium, wisk mixture constantly until thick and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
3) In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook onions and garlic in 2 tbsp butter until transparent. Stir spinach and water into pan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, simmer, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes. Stir spinach mixture into into creamy mixture, return to medium heat, stir often until warm throughout. Remove from heat, fold in Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (127 Votes)