Scallops wrapped in Bacon-Baked
- Original recipe makes 24 piecesChange Servings
- 3/4 cupmaple syrup
- 1/4 cuplow sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoonDijon mustard
- 12 largesea scallops, halved
- 12 slicessmoked bacon, halved
- 24 toothpicks
- 2 tablespoonsbrown sugar
Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth. Add the scallops, and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate at least one hour.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.
Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap. Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease. Drain or wipe grease from the baking sheet.
Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Place onto baking sheet. Sprinkle the scallops with brown sugar.
Bake in preheated oven until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
PREP 15 mins
COOK 18 mins
READY IN 1 hr33 mins
You'll also love
- Black Bean Salad w/Avocado,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swedish Potato Sausage 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Bourbon Glazed Kielbasa 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy and Elegant Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Twice-Cooked Coconut Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Crab Meat Alcachofas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon Beer Cheese Soup w/ chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops (Tequila lime ) 0/5 (0 Votes)