Spicy Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 48 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3-1 cup buffalo wing sauce (depending on how spicy your wing sauce is and how spicy you like it)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- Green Onions
- 1 avocado, sliced
Adapted from neighborfoodblog.com
1. Place chicken, celery, onion, garlic, broth, and wing sauce in the crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove chicken from crockpot and use two forks to shred it.
2. Create a slurry by whisking the cornstarch into the heavy cream. Add the mixture into the crockpot, turn it up to high, and cook for 20-30 minutes or until soup is thickened slightly.
3. Dish soup into bowls, top with slices of avocado, green onions, and cheddar cheese. Serve hot.