Herbed Tomato Tart
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pt assorted small tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1 (17.3-oz) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 (8-oz) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4-oz) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped assorted fresh herbs
- 1 TBSP olive oil
Heat oven to 400.
Place tomatoes in a single layer on paper towels; sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
Meanwhile, roll 1 pastry sheet into a 14-inch square on a lightly floured surface; place on ungreased baking sheet. Cut 4 (12x1-inch) strips from remaining pastry sheet, and place strips along outer edges of pastry square, forming a border.
Bake 14 minutes or til browned.
Sprinkle pastry with mozzarella and feta cheeses, chives and garlic. Top with tomatoes in a single layer. Sprinkle tomatoes with herbs and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; drizzle with oil.
Bake 14 to 15 minutes or til cheeses melt.