German Pork Roast with Roasted Potatoes and Onions
- 2-3 lbs pork loin roast
- 5 T. oil
- 2 T. dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 t. oregano
- 1 t. thyme
- 2 t. lemon juice
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 1/2 T cornstarch
- 1 1/2 t. chicken base
- 2 c. water
- salt and pepper
1. Place roast on a rack in a large roasting pan.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Combine 3 T. oil, mustard, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt pepper and lemon juice.
4. Rub marinade over roast.
5. Toss together potatoes, onions,2 T. oil, salt and pepper. Add to pan around roast.
6. Bake for 90 minutes or til internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
7. Remove roast from pan and allow to rest.
8. Remove potatoes, but leave as many onions in pan as possible.
9. Place roasting pan over medium-high heat.
10. To pan drippings, add chicken base, 1 1/2 c. water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a rolling boil.
11. Mix together cornstarch with remaining 1/2 c. of water and pour into sauce to thicken.
12. Serve sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Pudding Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blueberry or Chocolate Chip Mini... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Braised Lamb Shanks 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Sirloin Tips 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Casserole 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chipotle-Grilled Pork Tacos 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoe 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Killer Steak Burgers with Black... 4/5 (1 Votes)