Pumpkin Millet Muffins
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a muffin pan with baking cups or grease (baking spray works well).
3. Combine eggs, oil, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and mix until there are no lumps of brown sugar.
4. Stir in the rolled oats.
5. Heat a dry skillet and toast the millet until lightly browned.
6. Toast the pumpkin seeds and add with the millet to the wet ingredients.
7. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
8. Add this mixture to the wet mixture.
9. Avoid overstirring as the muffins will come out tough.
10. Fill the muffin cups and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
11. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.