Crackled Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 t. cream of tartar
- 1 t. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
3. In mixer bowl, cream sugar and butter til light.
4. Beat in yolks and vanilla.
5. Sift together flour, baking soda and cream of tartar, then fold into the butter mixture.
6. Form dough into walnut sized balls and place 2" apart on cookie sheet. DO NOT FLATTEN.
7.Bake about 11 minutes til tops are cracked and just turning colour.
8. Cool on cookie sheet 2 minutes.