Beef Chow Mein
- 2 c. uncooked instant rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) beef broth
- 1-1/2 c. chopped celery
- 1 can (14 oz.) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8-oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 kar (2-0z.) pimientos, sliced and drained
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. water
Cook rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Add the broth, celery, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, pimientos, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice