Tomato and Beef Casserole with Polent Crust
- 1 c Plain Cornmeal
- 1/2 t Montreal Seasoning
- 4 oz (1c) Cheddar Cheese
- 1 # Ground Beef
- 1 c Diced Onion
- 1 Zucchini Sliced
- 1 T OO
- 2 Cans (14.5) Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can (6oz) Tomato Paste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring 3c water to boil. Wisk in cornmeal and pinch of salt. Reduce heat to low and wisk constantly until thick. Remove from heat and stir in Montreal seasoning and 1/4c cheddar. Spread on bottom of 11 x 7 pyrex dish.
Brown meat, and transfer to bowl.
Saute zucchini and onion until just tender. Stir in beef, tomatoes (drained), paste and simmer. Transfer to baking dish and top with 3/4c cheddar.
Bake 350 for 30min or until bubbly.
Can be made and frozen well.
You'll also love
- Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Broccoli Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Pork Roast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Honey Mustard Pork Tenderloin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Beef Taco Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato, Corn, and Avocado Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tilapia with Warm Tomato Salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)