- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 3 T. water
- 4 egg yolks
- salt and pepper
- 6 green onions
- oil (for frying)
- LEMON SAUCE
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 2 1/2 t. cornstarch
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 T. honey
- 2 1/2 T brown sugar
- 1 t. ginger
- 1 1/4 c. water
1. Combine lemon juice, stock cubes, cornstarch, honey, brown sugar ginger and water in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat til sauce boils and thickens.
1. pound chicken breast out lightly til fairly even in thickness.
2. Put cornstarch in a bowl and gradually add water and lightly beaten egg yolks. Add salt and pepper; mix well.
3. Dip chicken in batter, allowing each to drain well.
4. Put a few pieces of chicken at a time in hot oil in a deep frying pan. Fry til lightly golden brown; drain on paper towel.
5. Slice each breast across into 3-4 pieces.
6. Sprinkle with gren onions and hot sauce spooned over.