- 2 cups of milk
- zest of 1 orange
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- (sugar for caramel)
1. Put some sugar in a small pot and add enough water just to wet the sugar.
2. Over med-high heat, bring sugar and water to a boil and continue boiling until sugar turns blond (DO NOT stir or touch the sugar as it gets very hot!).
3. Remove from heat and pour into small ramekins, enough to coat the bottom of the ramekin.
4. Set ramekins aside to cool.
5. Put milk in a small pot along with the zest and gradually bring to boil.
6. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
7. Temper milk into the bowl, trying to have as little foam as possible.
8. Strain out zest and skim off foam.
10. Bake at 300 degrees in a shallow pan with water in the pan.
11. Chill over ice or in refrigerator.