Venison Country Jerky
This venison jerky recipe uses a yummy marinade of lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, garlic salt, salt and pepper for a wonderful and flavorful treat!
- 5 pounds deer meat (sliced in 3/4 inch pieces -the thicker the more tender.)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2/3 bottle Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 bottle teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons California style garlic salt (course ground stuff)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 330mins
Squeeze out one lemon into marinade. Place all ingredients in a roaster at once and stir until well combined. Then add meat making sure all pieces are submerged. Cover roaster with lid and refrigerate for 24 hours.
You may use a dehydrator instead of the oven since it is more easy to regulate the time and tenderness. Remove from roaster and pat dry. Place in dehydrator tray.
Takes 5 hours or less, but tenderness will dictate.
You'll also love
- Mae Mae's Macaroni and Cheese 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry - goat cheese spread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tandoori Lamb Balls with Cilantro... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- CHICKEN BREASTS WITH RED PEPPER... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Venison BBQ 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cookies (with filling -... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Raising Cane’s Lemonade 2.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Stuffed Cornish Hens 4/5 (1 Votes)