Bacon Cheddar Popovers
- 1 2/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions (about 4 scallions)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
Adapted from pinterest.com
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a 12 cup popover or jumbo muffin pan with nonstick spray.
Combine milk, flour, eggs, salt, and cayenne in a bowl, beat well until smooth.
Stir 1 cup Cheddar, 2/3 of the chopped bacon, rosemary, and the scallions into batter.Spoon 1/3 cupfuls of batter into prepared cups. Sprinkle evenly with remaining Cheddar and bacon.
Bake popovers 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375 degrees and bake until golden brown, an additional 10 minutes or so. Serve hot.