Boston Market's Squash Casserole
- 4 1/2 cups diced zucchini
- 4 1/2 cups diced yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix prepared as directed
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 8 ounces American processed cheese diced (use a store brand not Velveta)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Prepare Jiffy Mix as directed, set aside to cool.
Place zucchini and yellow squash in a large sauce pan and add just enough of water to cover. Cook on medium-low heat just until tender, remove from heat. Drain squash, reserve one cup of water for casserole.
On medium-low temperature place all of the butter in large sauce pan and sauté the onions until the onions turn clear, add salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley. Add chicken bouillon cubes and garlic to onions, stir. Add drained squash and diced cheese, stir. Crumble corn bread in squash and pour the reserved cup of water and mix well.
Place squash mixture in a 13- by 11-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray. Cover casserole and place in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove cover the last 20 minutes of baking time.
This recipe yields 8 servings.