Crispy Bacon breadcrumb Chicken and Roasted Green Beans and Potatoes
- For the Chicken:
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups regular or whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 boneless, skinless thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup prepared or homemade honey mustard
- For the Beans and Potatoes:
- 3/4 to 1 pound green beans, trimmed (Whole Foods has them pre-packaged)
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds small potatoes, quartered
- Canola or olive oil, to coat
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika, a scant palmful
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces on an angle
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Crisp up bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat; remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Stir garlic into drippings, cook 1 minute then add breadcrumbs and combine. Season with onion, coriander, cumin and parsley; mix in grated cheese.
Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and arrange on a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet. Slather the chicken with mustard and pack breadcrumbs evenly into place.
Arrange beans and potatoes on a second baking sheet and coat with oil, and season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes, reduce heat to 425°F then add chicken to oven and roast 30 minutes more—chicken should be cooked through and browned and crispy; potatoes should be brown and the beans very tender and golden at edges. Toss potatoes and beans with scallions and serve alongside chicken.
You'll also love
- Braised-Rabbit-Leek-Rillette 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Ginormous Saucy Eggplant Patty... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jalapeño Cranberry, Goat Cheese &... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheese Bacon Wrapped Pastry Twists 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Beef Stew 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- CAJUN PORK ROAST 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon, egg and potato chausson. 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Chinese Buffet Green Beans 4.4/5 (10 Votes)