Orange Ricotta Cookies with Dark Chocolate
Soft, moist, and a little bit cake-like, these Chocolate Orange Ricotta Cookies are infused with fresh orange zest and a drizzle of chocolate to turn these cookies into the perfect holiday cookie. These cookies are great to make for a bake sale or any other occasion when you need to feed a crowd.
- 2 1/2cups2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2cups2 cups granulated sugar
- 2large2 large eggs
- 2cups2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 11 orange, zested
- 1 1/2cups1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3tablespoons3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1cup1 cup chopped dark chocolate, melted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until ingredients are combined. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and the sugar. Beat the until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, orange juice, and orange zest. Beat to combine.
Stir in the dry ingredients. Spoon the dough (about 1 tablespoon for each cookie) onto the baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
combine the powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Spoon about 1/2-teaspoon onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. Let glaze harden for about five minutes. Drizzle cookies with dark chocolate and let the cookies set up.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Coconut Flour Cake with... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Perfect Turkey Gravy 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Southwestern Turkey Dumpling Soup 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Sweet Cream Cheese Noodle Kugel 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cookies 4.4/5 (16 Votes)