OSSOBUCO ALLA MILANESE (Veal Shanks, Milan Style)
- 48 oz Knorr® Demi Glace Sauce Mix, prepared
- as needed Olive oil
- 2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup Onion, small diced
- 1 cup Celery, small diced
- 1 cup Carrots, small diced
- 1/2 tsp Lemon rind
- 12 pieces Veal shanks
- 1 lb Flour, all purpose
- to taste Lawry's® Seasoned Salt
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 quart Tomatoes, diced in juice
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 each Bay leaf
Yield: 12 servings of 1 piece of shank and 4 oz sauce
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Prepare Knorr® Demi Glace according to package directions.
3. In a sauté pan, heat oil and cook garlic, onion, celery and carrots, until tender. Stir in lemon rind. Place in roasting pan.
4. Combine flour and Seasoned Salt. Dredge veal in seasoned flour and brown in hot oil on both sides. Place veal on top of cook vegetable mixture in a single layer.
5. Remove fat from the sauté pan and add wine. Simmer for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, bay leaf, Italian seasoning and Demi Glace Sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over veal shanks.
6. Double foil roasting pan, and cook in oven at 350F for 2 hours, or until fork tender. Baste occasionally.