Shrimp and Vegetable Lo Mein
Weight Watchers recipe
PointsPlusTM value| 6
Level of Difficulty | Moderate
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 8 oz shrimp, large, peeled and deveined
- 6 medium scallion(s), thinly cut
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp ginger root, minced
- 1 cup(s) carrot(s), julienned
- 6 oz snow peas, or pea pods, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1/2 cup(s) bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
•Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Two minutes before it's done, add shrimp.
•Drain cooked spaghetti and shrimp in a colander with scallions in it. Place mixture in large bowl and toss with sesame oil.
•Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water and set aside.
•In the spaghetti pot, heat peanut oil over high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
•Add carrots, pea pods, pepper and bamboo shoots. Cook, stirring frequently, until just tender.
•Add sauce ingredients, stirring to mix. Add cornstarch mixture and bring to boil.
•Toss vegetable mixture with spaghetti and serve immediately. Makes about 1 3/4 cups per serving.