Elegant Dipped Cherries
- 1 1 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries with stems, well drained
- 3 3 3 T butter, melted
- 2 2 2 T light Corn Syrup
- 1 1 1 Square (1 ounce)unsweetened chocolate melted
- 2 2 2 tsp half and half cream
- 2 2 2 C confectioners sugar
- 1 1 1 C vanilla or white chips
- 2 1/2 2 1/2 1/2 rsp shortening divided
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 C semisweet chocolate chips
Adapted from google.com
Pat cherries dry with paper towels and set aside. In a bowl, combine the butter, corn syrup, unsweetened chocolate and cream. Stir in the confectioners sugar.
Knead until smooth. Roll in 18 balls, flatten each into a 2-in circle. Wrap each circle around a cherry and lightly roll in hands. Place cherries, stem side up in a shallow paper-lined container. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
The day before serving, remove the cherries from freezer. In a microwave safe bowl, melt vanilla chips and 1 - 1/2 tsps shortening, stir until smooth.
Holding onto the stem, dip each cherry into vanilla mixture, set on waxed paper to dry. Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over the candies. Refrigerate until firm. Store candies in an airtight container. Yield 1 - 1/2 dozen