- teaspoon olive oil
- 1 scant cup thinly sliced shallots
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 c vegetable broth
- 1/3 c dry white wine
- few dashes fresh black pepper
- Generous pinch of dried thyme
- 16 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup capers with a little brine
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 c arugulaCooking spray
Preheat large pan over medium heat.
Saute the shallots and garlic for about 5 minutes, until golden.
Add the breadcrumbs and toast them by stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, wine, salt, pepper and thyme.
Turn up heat and bring to a rolling boil.
Let the sauce reduce by 1/2, about 7 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and capers to heat through, about 3 minutes.
Add the lemon and turn off the heat.
Serve over mashed potatoes over a bed of spinach