- 6 Cups chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 Pound sliced portobello mushrooms
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 Cups arborio rice
- 1/2 Cup dry white wine
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 Cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Warm the chicken broth in a saucepan over low heat.
2. Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until soft (about 3 minutes). Remove the mushrooms and liquid and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the large saucepan and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute.
4. Add rice to the shallots, stirring to coat the rice with oil. When the rice starts to turn a pale, golden yellow, add the wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed.
5. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice and stir until the broth is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of broth and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding 1/2 cup broth to the rice and stir constantly until the broth is absorbed. Repeat this action until the rice is al dente (about 15 to 20 minutes).
6. Remove the rice from the heat and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper (to taste).