White Bean Chili
- 2 pounds turkey or chicken, cooked and hand torn into pieces
- 2 tbls. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 oz navy beans, or two 15.8 oz cans
- 10 3/4 ounces chicken broth or 1 can
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 9 ounces green chiles, or 2 cans chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 taspoon ground red pepper
- cilantro, to taste for topping // monterey jack cheese, shredded to taste, for topping // sour cream to taste for topping
Heat oil in large dutch oven. Add garlic and onion and cook until onion is tender. Add turkey, heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in beans and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30-45 minutes or until thickened. Or, once the mixture reaches a boil, transfer to a slow cooker.
Remove and discard bay leaf and serve with topping.