- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 pound 90%-lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestshire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 freshly ground pepper
Cooking time 35mins
1. Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat the broiler.
2. Combine Cheddar and Gruyere cheeses in a small bowl.
3. Gently mix beef, Worcestershire, paprika and pepper in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Shape into 8 thin, 4-inch-wide patties. Mound 2 tablespoons of teh cheese mixture on each of 4 patties, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edgges closed.
4. To grill: Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. (Be sure not to press the burgers as they cook or they'll split open and the cheese will ooze out.) To broil: Cover a broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Broil the stuffed patties in the upper third of the oven, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. In either case, let the burgers stand for 5 minutes before serving.