Griddled Braised Beef Sandwich with Caramelized Onions, Tomato Jam, Arugula and Taleggio
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- For the Tomato Jam:
- 6 plum tomatoes, peeled, halved and seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound braised beef, shredded or sliced
- 2 red onions, julienned and caramelized
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 8 1/2-inch thick slices country bread
- 2 cups arugula, tossed with balsamic vinegar and EVOO
- 1/2 pound taleggio cheese, brie or camemebert, sliced
- Butter, for toasting bread
Adapted from rachaelrayshow.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
For the tomato jam, arrange the tomatoes, garlic, thyme on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss so everything is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and roughly chop everything together. Reserve.
For the sammies, reheat the braised beef with the onions in some of the braising liquid. Stir in Dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper (filling should be moist but not too wet).
Assemble the sandwiches with a layer of meat, a thin layer of tomato jam, a layer of caramelized onions, some arugula and a few slices of cheese.
Close sandwiches and gently press down. Butter the outsides of the bread and griddle the sandwiches in a pan until toasted. Finish in oven for 3-5 minutes, until warmed through and the cheese is melted, pressing them down occasionally (or, put a light weight on it to keep them weighted).
Cut in half with a serrated knife and serve immediately!
You'll also love
- Black Bottom Pear Pie 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Strawberry Basil Slush 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet Potato & Red Pepper Pasta 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Zucchini Spice Bread 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Penne with Italian Sausage - Baked 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Bacon Egg Salad 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chinese beef moo shu 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Shallots and... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)