Got from newspaper. Makes a ton. Carl loved it.
- 2 pounds frozen cooked peeled whole shrimp 31/40 count
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cups fresh asparagus spears
- 2 to 3 cups cauliflower
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli
- 2 cups pea pods or sugar snap peas (I use green beans)
- 4 to 6 cups assorted pasta,bow ties, penne, colored spirals and shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup slice pimiento stuffed green olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup favorite bottled italian herb dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Seasoning, Beau Monde® to taste
- 2 cups mayonnaise (optional)
Adapted from dailymail.co.uk
Thaw shrimp, rinse well and blot dry. Cut fresh vegetables into bite size pieces and dry thoroughly.
In large pot, cook pasta in boiling water with olive oil 8 to 19 minutes or until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and cool.
In very large bowl, combine shrimp, vegetables, pasta, peas and olives. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons oil. Toss with about 1 cup Italian salad dressing, making sure ingredients are just lightly coated, not swimming in dressing. Ad salt and pepper to taste and if desired, Beau Monde seasoning to taste. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight
Ad remaining 1 teaspoon dill an mayonnaise and toss. (In place of the mayonnaise, you can add a little more Italian dressing to taste.) Serve chilled.