Twice-Cooked Coconut Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Peel, devein and wash shrimp. Dry well on paper towels.
Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and white pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the ice water. Stir to blend.
Pour the coconut into a shallow pan. Dip the shrimp one at a time into the batter, then roll the shrimp in the coconut. Once coated, place each shrimp into a frying pan of oil heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Fry the shrimp in the hot oil until lightly browned; about 4 minutes.
Bake the fried shrimp in a preheated 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) oven for 5 minutes.
Make the dipping sauce: combine marmalade, mustard, honey and hot sauce in a small bowl. Mix well. Serve the shrimp and dipping sauce side by side.
You'll also love
- Parrot Bay Coconut Shrimp - Red... 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- Homemade Meat Ravioli Filling 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seasoning for Ground Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FETTUCCINE WITH GOAT CHEESE, LEEKS... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Horseradish Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Angel Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Citrus Beurre Blanc 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's coconut cake 0/5 (0 Votes)