Cranberry-Pistachio Sugar Cookie Thins
Cranberry-Pistachio Sugar Cookie Thins are the perfect treat for any occasion! Sweet and nutty, you're going to love these!
- 2cups2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3cup2/3 cup white whole-wheat flour (see Tip)
- 1 1/2teaspoons1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3cup1/3 cup canola oil or corn oil
- 4tablespoons4 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1cup1 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, plus 1/2 cup, divided
- 1large1 large egg
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1/4cup1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2teaspoons2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon almond extract or lemon extract
- 1/4cup1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4cup1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
Position a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Beat oil, butter, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, egg and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and well blended. Beat in honey, vanilla and almond (or lemon) extract until evenly incorporated.
With the mixer on low speed, then medium speed, beat about half the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until incorporated. Beat in the remaining flour mixture until just incorporated.
Divide the dough into quarters. Roll each quarter into a 9-inch-long “log.” Divide the log into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place on a prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until very cold, about 1 hour.
Place the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar on a small plate. One at a time, dip the top of each ball of dough into the sugar; place, sugar-side up, about 2 1/2 inches apart on another prepared baking sheet. Coat the bottom of a wide glass with cooking spray, then dip it into the sugar. Flatten the balls with the glass to make cookies about 2 1/4 inches in diameter, dipping the glass into the sugar between cookies and spraying it as needed. Sprinkle the cookies with pistachios and cranberries and gently pat to help them adhere.
Bake the cookies on the center rack, one pan at a time, until just firm to the touch, 8 to 13 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.
Tips & Notes:
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough for up to 1 day. Store baked cookies airtight in a single layer for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Tip: White whole-wheat flour is made from a special variety of white wheat that is lighter in color and flavor but has the same nutritional properties as regular whole-wheat flour. It is available at large supermarkets and natural-foods stores and online at bobsredmill.com or kingarthurflour.com. Store it in the freezer.
You'll also love
- Thanksgiving Turkey 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Prociutto Wrapped Asparagus 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Toffee Apple Jam 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pear Cranberry Upside Down Cake 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Blueberry Cheese Rolls 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Lentil Mushroom Walnut Balls with... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Chicken Waldorf Wraps 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Turkey-Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe 4.7/5 (6 Votes)