Abita Springs Chicken Fricassee
Main Dish, serve with rice.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup roux
- 1 large frying chicken, cut up & skinned
- salt, pepper & red pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup onion tops, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Heat heavy-bottom pot on medium heat. Add butter, onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook until soft.
2. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add roux. Cook about 20 minutes.
3. Add chicken pieces and seasonings. Cook about 30 minutes.
4. Add onion tops and parsley. Cook 10 minutes more.
5. Serve over rice.