Southwest burgers are great on the grill for any occasion!
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 5 slices of pork or turkey bacon, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- SMOKEY SAUCE
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from delightglutenfree.com
Preheat grill to medium heat. Place all ingredients for the burgers in a large bowl. Use hands to blend together well.
Form the mixture into four large or six medium sized burgers.
Place burger patties directly on grill over medium heat. For turkey burgers and well done beef burgers, cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping once, until an internal temperature of 180 degrees is reached. For medium-well beef patties, cook 6-8 minutes, flipping once, until an internal temperature of 160 degrees is reached.
To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Garnish each burger with sauce.
Review this recipe