Chicken & Dumplings
- 1 roasted (rotisserie) chicken, deboned and shredded
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1.5 cups chopped carrots
- 1.5 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups water
- 1 32-ounce carton chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 12-ounce jar turkey gravy
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (do not defrost)
- 1 12-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1. Mix all the ingredients, except the biscuits and water, in a large bowl.
2. Pour into a 1-gallon freezer bag, label, and freeze.
1. *Will need to purchase the biscuits prior to preparing the meal.*
2. Thaw the ingredients in the bag overnight.
3. Place in a saucepan, add 4 cups water, cover and warm over medium heat until hot and bubbling.
4. While the chicken mixture is heating, unroll the biscuits and cut each into four pieces.
5. Push the biscuit pieces into the hot bubbling liquid with a wooden spoon, a few at a time, until they are all in.
6. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.