Honey-Lime Fruit Salad (Crowd Size)
Fresh fruit and toasted almonds star in this quick-to-fix 5-ingredient salad.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
Makes: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup frozen limeade concentrate, (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed, if desired
- 12 cups cut-up fresh fruit, (cantaloupe, kiwifruit, pink grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1. Mix honey, limeade concentrate and poppy seed in medium bowl.
2. Carefully toss fruit with honey mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
Serve this pretty salad in chilled champagne flutes for elegant dining.
To toast nuts, bake uncovered in an ungreased shallow pan in a 350ºF oven about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Or cook in an ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until golden brown.
1 Serving: Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 25 ); Total Fat 3 g (Saturated Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 10 mg; Total Carbohydrate 37 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g); Protein 2 g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 22 %; Vitamin C 100 %; Calcium 4 %; Iron 4 % Exchanges: 2 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.