Zesty Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes - juiced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, 1 tsp. salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
3. Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.