First directions are for slow cooker; next are for my mother's chile.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cans (15 oz.) red kidney beans undrained
- 2 packages (1.25 ox) chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies
Brown beef, pepper and onion. Drain well. Add beef mixture to slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and then add to the slow cooker. Stir. Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours; HIGH 3-3-1/2 hours.
For mother's chile:
1 lb. beef
green pepper and onions chopped
1 can tomatoes (1 lb)
2 cans tomato paste (rinse with water and add to pot)
1 can tomato sauce (rinse with water and add to pot)
1 can cans kidney beans
Add salt, pepper, chile powder and cayenne to taste
Heat all ingrediants. Add kidney beans about 30 minutes before serving.