Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inch) divided
- 1 1/2 tsp oil, divided
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 1 cup medium salsa (for less zip, use mild salsa)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Heat oven to 400F.
Cut 2 tortillas into strips; toss with 1/2 tsp oil. Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 mins or till crisp, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, finely chop reaming 4 tortillas. Heat remaing oil in large saucepan on med-high heat. Add chicken; cook & stir 5 minutes. Add chopped tortillas, broth, salsa & corn. Bring to a boil; simmer on med-low heat 15 minutes.
Serve topped with cheese & tortilla strips.