BD Challah bread
- 1/2 teaspoons salt 3
- 1/4 cups white flour* 2
- 1/2 teaspoons yeast
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Measure all ingredients in the order listed into Baking Pan.
Insert Baking Pan securely into unit. Close Lid.
Select DOUGH setting and push start button. There will be a
25-minute preheat delay before mixing begins.
4. The Complete Signal will sound when the dough is done.
5. Using a pot holder, remove Baking Pan from the unit and place
dough on lightly floured surface and punch down gently.
6. Divide dough into three equal parts and shape each into an
18” (46 cm) long rope.
7. Pinch rope ends together at one end, braid together and pinch
ends together at other end to secure braid.
8. Place on greased baking sheet, cover and allow to rise 45 minutes.
9. Brush with egg yolk wash (1 egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water),
10. Bake in preheated 375°F (191°C) oven for 20-23 minutes or until
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Time: 2 hours (for dough)