Ruths Chris Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole like Ruth’s Chris with a pecan crust! Perfect for Thanksgiving or whenever and a delicious alternative to the version with marshmallows!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/3 stick butter, melted (Do not omit or reduce this amount)
- SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (Garnets looks best and I bake mine first)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 stick butter, ( 1/2 cup) melted (You can leave it out or reduce it, if you wish)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
Hint: Double the recipe. People will love the leftovers, which also freeze beautifully.
You'll also love
- Caramel Corn 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Golden Lemon Cake Roll 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- pasta - homemade potato garlic... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Polenta-Crusted Rosemary-Roasted... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Witches' Potion 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Tangerine Sheet Cake 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Winter Minestrone 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Cranberry Cider Punch 4.7/5 (13 Votes)