Pistachio Cream Cheese Cookies Recipe
Pistachio cream cheese cookies are a wonderful treat for the holidays. The hint of green adds a little festive flare to these soft and moist cookies and they taste amazing!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups thinly vertically sliced Walla Walla or other sweet onion
- 4 cups thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 cups less-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 (1-ounce) slices French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 (1-ounce) slices reduced-fat, reduced-sodium Swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg, lemon peel, vanilla and food coloring. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
Divide dough in half; shape each into a 7-1/2-in.-long roll. Roll in chopped pistachios. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a whole pistachio into the center of each cookie.
Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 5 dozen.