Tuna, lemon and fennel sandwich
- 12 oz fresh tuna
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lemon sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 small fennel bulb trimmed
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 sliced sourdough bread
Heat grill on high heat. Brush tuna with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
Grill tuna on high for about 1 min per side, or until outside of tuna is cooked and inside is rare. Cool and slice tuna.
Sprinkle lemon slices with sugar and grill for about 5 min per side or until browned and juicy.
Slice fennel bulb paper thin with a mandolin, or potato peeler. Season with salt and allow to sit for 15 min or until slightly softened.
Combine mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice. Spread 4 slices of bread with garlic aioli, top with sliced tuna, fennel and grilled lemon. Place second slice on top.
You'll also love
- Not Steve's Authentic Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Firecracker Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Split Pea & Chickpea Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster Pot Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Eggplant with Onion and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FRUIT SALAD WITH CHERRY PIE FILLING 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Foil Wrapped Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Orange, Red Cabbage and... 0/5 (0 Votes)