Potato Cheese Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 stalks celery, chopped finely
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 6 Russet potatoes, pared into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Table ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1-2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- French fried onion rings (optional)
- crumbled crsipy bacon( optional)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
In large saucepan, melt butter. Add celery and onion; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until tender. Add potatoes and chicken broth; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes.
Pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in milk, half and half and seasonings. Heat through. Add cheese, stirring until melted.
Pour soup into bowls. Garnish with a little extra cheese, French-fried onion rings or crumbled bacon,if desired.
NOTE: If soup is too thick, can use milk or chicken broth to thin it