Chicken Liver Pate
- 1 lb chicken livers (cleaned & salt soaked for one hour) 3 TBLsp port
- 4 oz butter 3 TBLsp dry sherry
- 1 large onion finely chopped 1 TBLsp brandy
- 1/2 tsp thyme salt, pepper
- 1 bayleaf 1/2 cup cream
- 6 pieces of bacon, finely chopped 4 oz mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder 2 oz butter, extra
- 1/2 tsp onion powder extra bayleaves
1. Heat butter in skillet, add onion, thyme, bayleaf, garlic & onion powders and finely chopped bacon. Saute slowly until very tender but not brown. Drain and add cleaned & salted livers; simmer 7 minutes or until cooked.
2. Put cooked mixture and butter from skillet into blender. Into the skillet, add brandy, port, sherry, salt, pepper, cream and finely chopped mushrooms . Stir to combine, bring to boil, simmer gently uncovered until sauce has reduced by half. Pour sauce into blender, mix until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into individual (small) ramikins. Usually fills around 6. Pour melted butter on top of liver pate. Cool in refrigerator. We freeze them (covered with foil) and pull them out when needed.