Halibut With Spicy Squash and Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 small yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless halibut fillet
1.Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
2.Add the squash, garlic, jalapeño, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the squash begins to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
3.Stir in the tomatoes and their liquid. Season the halibut with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and nestle it among the vegetables.
4.Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until the halibut is opaque throughout and beginning to flake, 10 to 12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Orange Grove Mini Cheesecakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sun-Dried Tomato Goat Chees Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Clam Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster & Mushroom Risotto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- BAKED DIJON TILAPIA 0/5 (0 Votes)
- GRILLED FRESH TUNA SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Summer Squash, Bacon, and... 0/5 (0 Votes)