Individual Mixed Berry Crisps
PointsPlus™ Value: 6
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Dessert made in individual ramekins makes portion control a breeze. We used frozen berries but you can certainly use fresh ones when they're sweet and seasonal.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 cup(s) frozen unsweetened mixed berries, do not use strawberries
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 2 tsp uncooked tapioca, instant-variety
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats, do not use quick-cooking or steel-cut oats
- 2 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar, dark-variety
- 4 tsp walnut oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 42mins
Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat four small ramekins with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine berries, white sugar and tapioca; evenly divide among ramekins.
Add remaining ingredients to same bowl and stir until crumbly (should resemble coare meal); evenly divide this mixture over fruit filling. Bake until browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Yields 1 berry crisp per serving.
One warning: don’t use strawberries in the berry mix for this crisp. They’re simply too wet to condense properly in the ramekins. You can still use a large bag of frozen mixed berries — no need even to thaw them — but pick the strawberries out and save them for another use.