Best Chicken n Biscuits
- 6 individually frozen biscuits
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 5 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Bake biscuits according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine 4 cups broth, chicken, carrots, celery, onion, corn, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Split biscuits; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.