Cherry Almond Biscotti
Great Almond Biscotti
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cherries (red or green)
1. Preheat oven to 350* degrees. In large mixing bowl combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Mix for 2 minutes and add cold butter- mix for additional 2 minutes until thoroughly combined.
2. Add flour, salt, baking powder and combine. Dough is going to be be very wet and sticky.
3. Add almonds and cherries- mix for 15 seconds- cherries will break up quickly.
4. Take dough and split in half. Form two logs about 2 inches wide and place on ungreased cookie sheet. NOTE*** Run cold water and put hands under for a few seconds- the cold water on hands will prevent the dough from sticking and allow you to mold the dough easier into 2 inch logs.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 300* degrees. Place logs on cutting board and slice with sharp knife on angle about 1/3 inch thick. Place back on cookie sheets side down. Place back in over for 8 minutes more, remove and flip cookies to other side and place back in oven for another 8 minutes.
5. Depending upon how you like your biscotti, they will done. I prefer my biscotti to be extra crispy and perfect for dunking into my coffee. I keep the cookies in the oven and leave them in for a few hours or overnight- what a difference. The next morning they are perfect. Your call. Enjoy!!