Fennel-Green Apple Salad with Parmesan
- 3 Tbl fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed, halved lengthwise, cored, sliced crosswise
- 1 head Belgian endive, cleaned, cored, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 green apple, cored, and very thinly sliced in lemon water to prevent browning
- 2 oz block of parmesan, pecorino or other hard grating cheese
1. Whisk lemon juice, shallot, and mustard in a small bowl.
2. Gradually whisk in oil.
3. Season with salt and generous amount of pepper. Place fennel and endive in a large serving bowl.
4. Add dressing; toss to coat.
5. Season with salt and peper.
6. Shave parmesan in large curles, using a vegetable peeler, over the top of the salad.
7. Toss apples into salad and serve.